About Me

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Half as cool?


Ok, so in the past year I've taken up running marathons. And by running, I mean jogging. And by marathons, I mean half marathons. Someone, who will remain anonymous, is threatening to place a 26.2 sticker on my car...that has been torn in half. This same person will be poisoned in his sleep.

Tomorrow I'm set to run the Dallas Rock-n-Roll half marathon. I ran...ok, jogged...the White Rock Half back in December, finishing in 2:30:00. Not bad, considering the last three miles were an out of body experience (and not in a blissful way), and I almost hailed a cab on mile eight! I've heard people say that you never see a runner smiling. That is me. I am not smiling. I am not talking. I'm just trying to figure out how the girl in front of me that out weighs me by a good 80lbs is blazing past me.

So if you are in Dallas tomorrow, stop by Fair Park around 10:15am and maybe you'll catch a glimpse, and a whiff, of the Fowl Housewife crossing the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment