About Me

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

High on Life?



Most days, I catch myself watching the boys and wondering where time has gone. I remember holding them close, changing diapers and spending endless hours playing with the little people school bus.

That has vanished.

Curry is sniffing markers.

What the hell happened?

The boys elementary school had a book fair last week. Carstens stocked up on the latest Diary of a Wimpy Kid, while Curry spent his time purchasing Rock Band posters and scented markers. Nice.

Curry is already NOT my morning kid. He HATES getting up and lays in bed as long as humanly possible. The other morning was no exception. I kept hollering at him to get dressed. He would yell back "5 more minutes!" While I was cooking breakfast, I peeked around the corner to see if his clothes has moved off the floor and onto his body. They had not. I walked in to find him in bed....undressed...sniffing markers.

He will either cure cancer, or be in Huntsville doing life without parole. No in between for this one.

How do I explain to his teacher why we are running late? I'm sorry Ms. Langin, Curry couldn't make it on time today. He was high on Very Vanilla.

God Help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment