About Me

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chicken Fried Goodness

My oven has been out of commission since April 2. This was ohhh so convenient trying to cook Easter lunch. My friend T graciously let me borrow her oven to bake and braise our delicious feast.

That being said, without an oven, I'm being forced to cook a la skillet style. I could be making stir fry...pasta primavera...and other healthy cuisines...but NOOOO, not this Fowl Housewife...I'm cooking up chicken fried steak ya'll!




Prepping in pie plates...just like mom.


3 lbs. of cube steak. Period.


Heatin' up the grease.


Lawrys. It's a good thing.


Apron. Get one. Use one. Love one.


Mmmm. I can smell the calories!


Not bad if I do say so myself.


Gravy. Salty perfection.


The way to my boys heart.

1 comment:

  1. Hayley Wood HoffmanApril 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM

    After seeing this you got me sooooooooo hungry for chicken fried steak... So I made it tonight! My kiddo thanks you! lol

    ReplyDelete